How To Link NIN To Airtel Using USSD, App And Portal. In This Article, You Will Learn How How To Link NIN To Airtel Using USSD, App And Portal
Are you looking on How To Link NIN To Airtel ? Have you been searching for How To Link NIN To Airtel Using USSD, App And Portal
As long as you make use of an Airtel line and are a Nigerian, linking your NIN is now a requirement. The NCC mandated months ago that all Airtel users link their SIM card to their individual National Identification Number. We have taken our time to thoroughly explain how to connect NIN to your Airtel line in Nigeria in this article.
What is NIN?
NIN is an acronym that stands for “National Identification Number”. It is an 11-digit number. Only when you register for a National Identity Card in Nigeria do you receive this exclusive 11-digit number.
How To Register For NIN
1. Download and print the pre-enrolment slip after completing the online pre-enrolment form.
- Visit the Pre Enrolment Portal to complete the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form.
- The required fields must all be filled out entirely and accurately.
- Print your Pre Enrolment Slip by downloading it.
2. Send In Your Application
- You can bring any of the following Original and Valid supporting documents to the nearest NIMC Registration Center.
- You will be led to a counter at the enrollment center. There an enrollment officer will check that all of the information on your application is present and in conformity.
- The enrollment officer will direct you on how to proceed with taking your biometrics (ten fingerprints and a facial image) if your application is in order. The Transaction ID Slip will be provided to you as verification of the transaction.
3. NIN Issuance
- The National Identification Number (NIN) Slip typically takes 2 to 3 working days to be issued after the biometric information is collected at enrollment centers.
- Due to the verification of information at NIMC, the issue of NIN may take longer in some circumstances. VFS has no obligation to accelerate in such situations.
- The applicant must properly save the Transaction ID Slip since it must be produced while collecting the NIN Slip, which signifies successful completion of enrollment.
How To Get Your NIN Back On Airtel
If you have previously registered but are having trouble remembering your NIN, you can quickly find it on an Airtel-powered device by dialing *346# immediately from your phone.
How To Link Your Nigerian Airtel Line or SIM to NIN
There are three distinct ways to connect your National Identification Number to your Airtel line. You can link via the NIMC MobileID App, the Airtel NIN Code, or the Airtel NIN Portal. Below are thorough explanations of each of these three techniques.
1. Through the Airtel NIN USSD code
You can only link Airtel lines with the Airtel NIN Code, which is *121*1#. To link your NIN if you already have one, simply follow the instructions below.
- To link your National Identification Number (NIN) with Airtel, dial *121*1#.
- You will then be directly led to the site where you must enter your NIN.
- Do so right away to finish the registration process.
2. Through the Airtel NIN Portal
- Log onto airtel.com.ng/nin
- Next, enter your Airtel number, whether it is for a mobile device, MiFi, router, or ODU.
- Afterwards, select “Proceed” and “Confirm OTP code.”
- Then finally, insert your National Identification Number to complete the transaction.
3. Through the NIMC MobileID App
If you’ve attempted the ways above but weren’t successful, another option is to use the NIMC MobileID App. However, in order to make use of this approach and acquire an OTP for installing the Mobile ID app, you must have your National Identification Number (NIN), given to you by the National Identity Management Commission or one of its certified agents, and a mobile number that you used when you registered for the NIN.
Here’s how you use the NIMC Mobile ID App for linking your NIN to Airtel.
I. Get the NIMC Mobile ID app.
To get it, visit the App Store for iOS or the Google Play Store for Android.
II. Sign in with your phone number and NIN.
Launch the mobile app after installation, then sign in with your phone number and national identification number (NIN). The number will receive an OTP for verification. Please be aware that the OTP has a one-minute validity period.
III. Create your six-digit pin
After confirming your phone number with the OTP issued to you, you must come up with a six-digit pin or password. This will serve as your login pin.
IV. Link Your Phone Number
The dashboard will display “link my numbers” once you log in. To link a phone number, click it and enter it. Using the same NIN, you may link up to seven numbers.
However, each number you wish to link will receive an OTP for verification.
What happens next after linking my NIN?
Your network provider will send you an SMS stating that your information is being processed or something similar. Take note of the message you receive because it will determine whether or not the NIN operation was successful.
What purpose does the NIN serve?
The NIN is used as a viable method of establishing or validating individual identity and to link all records about an individual into the National Identity Database.
How do I get my NIN?
A Transaction Slip is given out after enrollment is successful. The applicant is advised of the collection date for his or her NIN. When the applicant returns to pick up his or her National Identification Number (NIN), a second slip known as the NIN Slip is given out. Your 11-digit number is located on the second row from the top left of the NIN slip. This slip, which includes the NIN, is acceptable for use in all legal transactions in Nigeria.
You don’t need to worry about being disconnected now that you know how to connect NIN to your Airtel line. However, you can go to the NIMC Enrolment Centers by using the URL provided above if you don’t yet have a NIN.
It is quite simple to connect your NIN to your Airtel SIM. There are three ways to accomplish that. In addition to linking it by dialing *121*1#, you can link it by going to the Airtel NIN-specific portal.
In order to connect it with your NIN, you can also download the NIMC Mobile app. Please be aware that a single NIN can be used to register up to 7 numbers. Your Airtel sim can be used to check your NIN as well. You only need to call *346#. Please be aware that every check has a 20 charge.
This article should address all of your concerns and provide a solution to your issue.
FAQs About How To Link NIN To Airtel
How can I find out if Airtel is linked with my NIN number?
Try using the method you used to link your NIN. Your network provider will respond to your inquiry.
How Can I Check My National Identification Number?
How to check your NIN number across all networks is shown here. Just use the dialer app on your phone to immediately enter *346#.
Is it Possible to Check My NIN Online?
You can’t check it online, sorry. There is no internet site accessible to check NIN. Only the SIM that the NIN was registered with can be used to check it.
Can I Use My Airtel Sim To Register For NIN?
On your Airtel Sim, you cannot register for NIN. It would be advisable to obtain your national identification number from a registered location.
- How To Start A Successful Side Business For Side Income
- How To Get Started With Real Estate Investing With Little Or No Capital
- Best Ways On How To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
- How To Earn Money Through Online Surveys (Working Methods)