Complete Guide: How To Create Folders In Gmail. In This Article, You Will Learn How To Complete Guide: How To Create Folders In Gmail
How To Create Folders In Gmail You may organize emails using folders and labels in Gmail. It’s a quick and easy procedure to create labels, but the steps are slightly different depending on whether you’re using a desktop computer or a mobile device to access your account.
You can maximize the organization of your Gmail inbox with the help of this step-by-step approach.
Keep reading this article to find out more!
The basics of Gmail folders
Before creating folders in Gmail, there are a few things you should know:
Folders in Gmail are called labels
All folders (labels) can be found in your inbox sidebar
After creating a label, you can choose which emails to move to that folder
You can organize your labels so they nest within/under another label (equivalent to a parent folder) via your computer; the mobile app doesn’t allow parent label creation
How to create a new folder in Gmail on your computer
Option 1: Creating a new folder in Gmail via the sidebar
1. Log into your account in Gmail by opening it on your desktop or laptop.
2. Locate the menu, which starts with “Inbox” and includes folders like “Starred,” “Sent,” and “Drafts,” on the left side of your screen.
3. To view the full menu, scroll down to the bottom of the list and click “More”.
At the bottom of the list, select “More” to reveal all folders and menu choices.
4. After that, choose “+ Create new label.”
Click “+ Create new label”
5. Give your new folder a name and select Create in the pop-up window. The length of a Gmail label name can only be up to 225 characters.
Title your new folder/label in the pop-up window
Option 2: Creating a new folder in Gmail via settings
Log in to Gmail, and click the gear-shaped settings icon.
Click on the settings icon at the top right of your screen
2. Click “See all settings” in the pop-up box that appears.
Click “See all settings” to create, edit, and delete labels
3. Choose the “Labels” tab, go to the bottom, and click “Create new label.”
Discover the “Create new label” button under the “Labels” tab.
4. Give your label a name, then click “create.”
How to create folders in the Gmail mobile app
1. Launch the Gmail app on your smartphone.
2. On the screen’s upper left, click the three lines to the right of the bar that says “Search in mail.”
3. Tap “+ Create new” in the labels area of the menu that appears after scrolling down.
Scroll down and tap “+ Create new” under the labels section
4. Type the name of your new folder (up to 225 characters) in the “Name new label” prompt that pops up. Tap to complete.
Name the new label
FAQ’s About Complete Guide: How To Create Folders In Gmail
1. How do I make folders in my Gmail email?
- Login to Gmail in your browser.
- Scroll down Gmail’s left-hand menu.
- Find “Labels”
- Click the + next to Labels.
- Enter a name for the new folder.
2. How to create a folder step by step?
Click New Folder after locating the location where you want the new folder to be created. Press Enter after entering the folder’s name. To save a file to the new folder, open the file, select File > Save As, select the new folder from the drop-down menu, and then click Save.
3. What are the 5 steps to creating a folder?
- Navigate to the location where you want to place the new folder.
- Right-click and select New .
- Select Folder .
- The folder will be displayed, with the default name “New folder.”
- To change the name, type the new name for the folder and then press Enter .
4. How do I organize my emails?
- Use Labels and Folders. You can’t simply delete all of your emails so one easy way to get organized is to create labels and folders for the important things.
- Star or Flag Important Emails.
- Set Up Filters.
- Use the Archive Feature.
- Regularly Clean Out Your Inbox.
5. How do I save emails to a folder?
The majority of email services allow you to simply drag the message into the desired folder. Others, which do not allow drag-and-drop, probably have a menu you can use to transfer the message.
Hope you found this article helpful? Stay tuned to our site for more updates like this one !
- How To Get Back Deleted Messages On Whatsapp-Full Guide
- How To Check Bet Slip On Winners(Complete Guide) Golden Bet
- How To Check Balance On Prepaid Meter In Nigeria (2023)